ABU DHABI – MMA Junkie was on scene and reporting stay from Friday’s early and formal UFC on ESPN+ 30 fighter weigh-ins, the place all 22 fighters hit their marks with no concern.
In the most important occasion, Deiveson Figueiredo (18-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC) will take on Joseph Benavidez (28-6 MMA, 15-4 UFC) in a rematch for the vacant flyweight title. The two fought in February in Virginia, where Figueiredo knocked Benavidez out in the next spherical. But he was not suitable to get the vacant belt mainly because he skipped fat.
This time all-around, there will not be any drama relevant to the scale. Figueiredo arrived in at 125 kilos on the nose for the title struggle, as did Benavidez.
In the co-function, Kelvin Gastelum (16-5 MMA, 10-5 UFC) meets Jack Hermansson (20-5 MMA, 7-3 UFC) in a middleweight bout. Gastelum has had his own troubles on the scale in the past, but was 186 lbs without having concern Friday. Hermansson was 186, as well.
The early weigh-ins took put at the Flash Forum in at Yas Island in Abu Dhabi. UFC on ESPN+ 30 usually takes place Wednesday at the same venue. The card airs on ESPN and streams on ESPN+.
The full UFC on ESPN+ 30 weigh-in benefits included:
Primary CARD (ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
- Deiveson Figueiredo (125) vs. Joseph Benavidez (125) – for vacant flyweight title
- Kelvin Gastelum (186) vs. Jack Hermansson (186)
- Marc Diakiese (156) vs. Rafael Fiziev (156)
- Luana Carolina (126) vs. Ariane Lipski (126)
- Askar Askarov (126) vs. Alexandre Pantoja (125)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, ESPN+, 5 p.m. ET)
- Roman Dolidze (206) vs. Khadis Ibragimov (206)
- Grant Dawson (150) vs. Nad Narimani (150) – 150-pound catchweight
- Joel Alvarez (156) vs. Joe Duffy (155.5)
- Montel Jackson (136) vs. Brett Johns (136)
- Amir Albazi (136) vs. Malcolm Gordon (135)
- Davi Ramos (156) vs. Arman Tsarukyan (156)
- Carlos Felipe (261) vs. Serghei Spivac (240)