Trump raises eyebrows with tweet stating he has not had "a series of mini-strokes"

Trump raises eyebrows with tweet stating he has not had “a series of mini-strokes”

Chairman Donald Trump posted an impressive tweet on Tuesday stating that he did not have a series of “mini-strokes” – and had asked the White House doctor to issue a statement in support of his claim.

“It never ends! Now they are trying to say that your beloved President, I, went to Walter Reed Medical Center, having suffered a series of mini-strokes. It never happened to this candidate – FAKE NEWS” Trump tweeted.

The tweet came hours after a statement from White House doctor Sean Conley, who said he was speaking at Trump’s request. “I can confirm that President Trump has not experienced or been evaluated for a stroke, transient ischemic stroke (mini-stroke) or acute cardiovascular emergency, as has been misreported to the media,” he said.

No major media outlet has reported in recent days that Trump has had a series of mini-hits.

A White House aide told NBC News that Trump was referring to a tweet from former President Bill Clinton’s press secretary Joe Lockhart, who asked a tweet on Monday if Trump had “a stroke hiding from the American public.” Lockhart did not mention “mini-hits”.

Lockhart wrote on Twitter that his question was triggered by a new account of Trump’s mysterious visit to Walter Reed Medical Center in November 2019 in a new book released Tuesday.

In his new book, “Donald Trump v. United States“The hours leading up to Trump’s trip to the hospital,” said New York Times reporter Michael S. Schmidt. the word came out in the West Wing the vice president to be on hand to temporarily take over the presidency if Trump had to undergo a process that would require him to be stunned. “

Vice President Mike Pence never assumed these powers, and Schmidt’s book made no assumptions about the nature of the visit. The book “says nothing about mini-strokes” Schmidt tweeted Tuesday.

Trump’s visit to Walter Reed last year was also a surprise remained a secret for two days, as the president remained out of public view.

The White House later said the visit was routine, and Trump said it was “the first phase of my annual physique.” Conley said in June that Trump had completed his physics in April, and said he “remains healthy”.

Peter Alexander contributed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *