Prince William tested positive for coronavirus in April, British media report

Prince William tested positive for coronavirus in April, British media report

LONDON – Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, second in line to the British throne, tested positive for the coronavirus in April. The British media reported Sunday.

Kensington Palace, the official residence of the prince, did not confirm or deny the reports. Helios, a British tabloid, first reported the diagnosis, citing an anonymous source at Kensington Palace.

Unlike his father, Prince Charles, which announced a positive Covid-19 test in MarchWilliam, 38, kept his diagnosis a secret. It was not immediately clear how serious his condition was.

April was also when British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said he had been hospitalized in an intensive care unit after a positive virus test.

Johnson later revealed that his infection was so severe that he needed “liters and liters of oxygen” to stay alive. Doctors were preparing to announce his death, he said.

Johnson announced a new monthly lock On Saturday, as the number of cases in the country exceeded 1 million.

“If we do not act, we could see deaths in this country running at several thousand a day,” he said.

Full coverage of the coronavirus epidemic

The country closed for three months this year, but the number of cases began to rise as restrictions eased.

Under the new rules, non-essential businesses must close and bars and restaurants can only offer pick-up. Schools, universities and construction sites will be allowed to remain open.

Will Clark from London and Tim Stelloh from California.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *