Vera (18-6-1 MMA, 10-5 UFC) backed that up with a 1st-round stoppage of O’Malley (12-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC). The complete arrived after O’Malley appeared to suffer an damage to his correct leg previously in the round. When Vera had the possibility to try to put O’Malley absent, he took gain for the TKO with 20 seconds left in the opening frame.
O’Malley was taken away from the cage on a stretcher after the very first loss of his vocation.
The bantamweight bout was the UFC 252 co-primary celebration at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. It aired on pay out-for every-see adhering to prelims on ESPN/ESPN+.
“Count me out now – say a thing now,” Vera advised Joe Rogan right after the fight. “A large amount of individuals have an belief, but it doesn’t make a difference. … The sky’s the restrict. … If you’re going to kick with a kicker, make certain you’re ready to kick. … The male has a whole lot of hype – good for him. But he does not have the canine I have inside of. The doggy I have inside is larger than all these guys.”
The fighters traded reduced kicks early, then worked kicks to the knees on every other. But O’Malley landed a number of large kicks to Vera’s human body each individual time Vera modified stances. O’Malley appeared to hurt a leg, and Vera retained working on low kicks to make him not comfortable.
Vera put the force on and pushed him toward the cage. When O’Malley slipped and fell to his again, Vera went to the canvas with him. He acquired on top in O’Malley’s guard. He dropped a left hand on him, and then arrived again with a few speedy still left elbows that forced referee Herb Dean to step in.
Up-to-the-moment UFC 252 results incorporate:
- Marlon Vera def. Sean O’Malley by using TKO (elbows) – Spherical 1, 4:40
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik def. Junior Dos Santos via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 3:47
- Daniel Pineda def. Herbert Burns by using TKO (elbows) – Round 2, 4:37
- Merab Dvalishvili def. John Dodson by using unanimous selection (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Vinc Pichel def. Jim Miller by using unanimous final decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)
- Virna Jandiroba def. Felice Herrig by means of submission (armbar) – Spherical 1, 1:44
- Danny Chavez def. TJ Brown through unanimous determination (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Livinha Souza def. Ashley Yoder by using unanimous selection (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Chris Daukaus def. Parker Porter by using TKO (punches) – Spherical 1, 4:28
- Kai Kamaka III def. Tony Kelley via unanimous final decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)